Instructor – 911 Academy
Retired US Navy Veteran 1977 – 1997 seeking a position where my many years of leadership and management experience will be utilized to the utmost potential and contribute to the company’s overall success, by providing and utilizing my pyrotechnics skills.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
- U.S. Navy Diver (Underwater Explosive Demolition Diver)
- A Current California state Pyrotechnic Operator License (Class 2 Card)
- ATF Federal Explosive License 9-CA-073-20-3H-0149
- A Current Certificate Of Eligibility
- Government Security Clearance
- Contributed to the NSWG-1 U.S. Navy SEAL Team’s by establishing a Pyrotechnic Infrastructure at the training site on San Clemente Island that allowed the training units more flexibility to perform missions safely and efficiently.
- Army Rangers SF Teams Effective training utilizing simulated IED’s RPG’s VBIED’s.
- Marines (SOTG) Special Operation Training Group.
- (MARSOC) Marines in various environment
- Set up counter IED Training with U.S. Navy and Marine EOD Teams
- U.S. Navy 3rd Fleet Boat Security Force/Civilian Harbor Patrol Security, Cost Guard, Test pier security utilizing VBIED’s Suicide vest.
- Mass Casualty: Law Enforcement, Combat Medical Command.
- Training with Law Enforcement, Cost Guard, Homeland Security Implementing and placing simulated training devices at various training sites
- Special Effects Operator on various movies and tv shows.
Chad is a great guy who showed my team and I how to react to an active shooter. I really appreciate what him and his team showed us.
“The one on one instruction was great for me to sharpen tactics and technique. Shooting at the range is one thing, but actually learning scenario based training while working with instructors and a team is irreplaceable.”
I was able to overcome my fears around firearms and gained Confidence, Knowledge and Empowerment, through the patience & guidance of 911 ACADEMY’S Instructor, Paul Wayman.
911 academy was one of the best firearms training schools that I ever went through. Being a 20 year military veteran and have gone through many shooting schools…911 academy changed the way I shoot and re-train myself from what they introduced me too..I was welcomed with opened arms and really feel like part of a family with them (911 academy). The owner Chad Talbot is a well seasoned warrior who brings his life experiences to the training and is also very humble throughout the training.
By far the best training I personally went though. Great job chad and team of 911 academy. Hope you guys enjoyed the pizza! Very much earned!
Chad and his seasoned staff are absolutely top-notch. With an emphasis on safety, they coached my shooting style and helped correct bad habits that I didn’t even know I had. Although mostly ex-military, the environment was light and fun. These men a true bad-asses and very experienced in what they do. I went from knowing how to fire my weapon to shooting extremely accurate with both hands in a few hours. If you want AFFORDABLE, informative, and fun (different positions, around obstacles/cover, etc.) instruction 911 Academy is the place to do it!
I’m looking forward to my next excursion with these gentlemen.
The experience I had at 911 Academy was life changing, for the simple fact that I have always had preconceived notions about guns and have always been afraid of them. A friend recommended I attend this training. I took my 14 year old daughter and my 11 year old son. As we arrived, I could just tell that I just had to let go and trust me and my family to Chad and his team. The organization, the structure, the humbleness, the teamwork/unity, the focus on respect/safety and the knowledge and experience of these highly trained individuals was mind-blowing. Bottom line, you will spend 70% learning and 30% engaging; not only in how to fire a weapon, but the notion of when and how and that’s after you analyze your surroundings and threats. All this in 4 hours. Ultimately, the learning me and my kids received was priceless. Thank you 911 Academy!