Instructor – 911 Academy
Mr. Ross has supervised, trained and evaluated – Federal, State and City Law Enforcement / U.S. and foreign military; conventional and Special Operation Forces (SOF) personnel for 27 + years (13yrs SOF training) to include his current position with the Provost Marshals Office / Military Police. Experience includes but is not limited to; over 10 years of skills in System Approach to Training and Program of Instruction analysis and improvement; all ranges of exercise support including: contracting, design, evaluation, external affairs, logistics, training, modeling and simulation support, Maritime Interdiction Operations, Explosive Breaching / Thermal Breaching / Ballistic and Mechanical Breaching, active shooter training, Non-lethal training, use of force scenario training and project management.
SPECIAL TRAINING & COURSES
- Marine Combat Training, Dec-1990
- School of Infantry, Jan-1990
- Marine Corps Security Forces School, Mar-1993
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (Multiple Weapons Firearms Instructor Training Program), March-2003
- Department of Transportation Emergency Vehicle Operators Course, Aug-1994
- Range Coaches Course, Nov-1996
- Hike Stalk Shoot International (H.S.S.I.) Train Interdiction Course, Mar-2003
- H.S.S.I. Knife Defense Course, Mar-2003
- H.S.S.I. Grenzschutzgruppe 9 (GSG9) Tactics Course, Mar-2003
- H.S.S.I. Ground Tactics Course, Mar-2003
- Special Operations Training Group (SOTG) Helicopter Rope Suspension Training Master Qualification Course, Feb-2003
- United States Marine Corps Basic Security Guard Course, Mar-1994
- United States Marine Corps Martial Arts Tan Belt Course, Sep-2003
- Infantry Platoon Sergeant Course, April-1999
- Infantry Squad Leaders Course, March-1995
- Marine Corps Security Force Close Quarters Battle Course, Feb-1997
- United States Marine Corps Dynamic Entry Advanced Course (Master Breacher), March-2002
- United States Marine Corps Dynamic Entry Course (Breaching), Nov-2001
- United States Marine Corps Dynamic Assault Course (CQB), Dec-2001
- PR-24 Police Baton Course, April-1994
- Emergency Medical Technician Basic Course, Aug-1994
- Personnel Reliability Program Administration Course, Sep-1995
- Nuclear Safety Officer Course, Sept 1995
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Contamination Course, Mar-2005
- Nonlethal Weapons Instructor Course, April-2005
- Camp Pendleton Range Safety Officer, Sep-2009
- Certified ATV / American Safety Institute (ASI) Instructor, Oct-2010
- Camp Pendleton Laser Safety Officer, Sep-2009
- Surefire Tactical Light Instructor Course, May 2010
- NRA Law Enforcement Rifle Instructor, June 2010
- NRA Law Enforcement Pistol Instructor, June 2010
- NRA Law Enforcement Instructor, June 2010
- Lone Operator Advanced Conceal Carry and Gun Fighting Tactics, February 2015
- Explosive Event Exploitation Course, March 2015
- IED Electronics Course, March 2015
- CPR, April 2015
- Special Operations Combatives Program Level 1, April 2015
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Contamination Course, Sep-2016
- Nonlethal Weapons Instructor Course, Sep-2016
Chad is a great guy who showed my team and I how to react to an active shooter. I really appreciate what him and his team showed us.
“The one on one instruction was great for me to sharpen tactics and technique. Shooting at the range is one thing, but actually learning scenario based training while working with instructors and a team is irreplaceable.”
I was able to overcome my fears around firearms and gained Confidence, Knowledge and Empowerment, through the patience & guidance of 911 ACADEMY’S Instructor, Paul Wayman.
911 academy was one of the best firearms training schools that I ever went through. Being a 20 year military veteran and have gone through many shooting schools…911 academy changed the way I shoot and re-train myself from what they introduced me too..I was welcomed with opened arms and really feel like part of a family with them (911 academy). The owner Chad Talbot is a well seasoned warrior who brings his life experiences to the training and is also very humble throughout the training.
By far the best training I personally went though. Great job chad and team of 911 academy. Hope you guys enjoyed the pizza! Very much earned!
Chad and his seasoned staff are absolutely top-notch. With an emphasis on safety, they coached my shooting style and helped correct bad habits that I didn’t even know I had. Although mostly ex-military, the environment was light and fun. These men a true bad-asses and very experienced in what they do. I went from knowing how to fire my weapon to shooting extremely accurate with both hands in a few hours. If you want AFFORDABLE, informative, and fun (different positions, around obstacles/cover, etc.) instruction 911 Academy is the place to do it!
I’m looking forward to my next excursion with these gentlemen.
The experience I had at 911 Academy was life changing, for the simple fact that I have always had preconceived notions about guns and have always been afraid of them. A friend recommended I attend this training. I took my 14 year old daughter and my 11 year old son. As we arrived, I could just tell that I just had to let go and trust me and my family to Chad and his team. The organization, the structure, the humbleness, the teamwork/unity, the focus on respect/safety and the knowledge and experience of these highly trained individuals was mind-blowing. Bottom line, you will spend 70% learning and 30% engaging; not only in how to fire a weapon, but the notion of when and how and that’s after you analyze your surroundings and threats. All this in 4 hours. Ultimately, the learning me and my kids received was priceless. Thank you 911 Academy!