Instructor – 911 Academy
Naval Special Warfare Range Officer
Dave’s past career in Navy Special warfare has a track record of undoubted work ethic, qualifications, professional skills, and techniques. Combined with his unflinching optimism and dedication, his focus is beyond reproach when it comes to the importance of training. Throughout multiple deployments, training scenarios and foreign exchange guidance. Dave has acquired in-depth, up to date, unconventional yet practical training techniques that can be taught to anyone. Skilled, Goal oriented, and highly motivated with a feverish personality makes him a great asset to any team. He aims to take his experience, as well as his knowledge to share with those seeking to grow within the self defense field.
Pertinent Qualifications, Skills and Accomplishments, and Operational Deployments
- Advanced special Operations.
- Operator Initiated care course
- Expert Rifle and Pistol
- Naval Special Warfare Range Officer
- NSW Mission Planning
- Ground Skills and Combatives.
- Prisoner and detainee handling
- Maritime Visit Board Search & Seizure (VBSS)
- High proficiency in small arms and heavy weapons.
- Planned and organized weapons ranges and provided tactical expertise for 96 host nation special operations personnel
- oint exercise with SOF forces, VBSS, fast roping, recovery by ladder, GOPLAT operations, Direct action, Unconventional warfare, room clearing, hard pointing, vehicle convoy.
- Conducted 10 dynamic inter-operability exercises with partner nation Special Forces, and expending 45,000 rounds of ammunition without incident.
- Provided expert instruction to Israeli Special Forces during a high priority subject matter expert exchange, expended 10,000 rounds of ammunition without incident.
1. CENTCOM- October 2012- June 2013 (Crisis response element)
- Primary Communication –Primary Navigation—Secondary Engineer.
- Operational Weapons ( .50 M2HB, M240, Sig Sauer 228, M4 SOPMOD)
2.CENTCOM- May 2014- November 2014 (Crisis response element)
- Primary Engineer—Primary weapons—Primary Intelligence- Surveillance, counter surveillance.
- Range Safety Officer –Secondary Navigation
- Operational Weapons ( .50 M2HB, M240, MK48 SOPMOD, M4 SOPMOD, Sig Sauer 228)
3. Africom ( Fall of 2016)
- Personal security for VIP
- Vehicle convoys, logistics/route planning, low profile strategies.
- Swahili Linguist
Chad is a great guy who showed my team and I how to react to an active shooter. I really appreciate what him and his team showed us.
“The one on one instruction was great for me to sharpen tactics and technique. Shooting at the range is one thing, but actually learning scenario based training while working with instructors and a team is irreplaceable.”
I was able to overcome my fears around firearms and gained Confidence, Knowledge and Empowerment, through the patience & guidance of 911 ACADEMY’S Instructor, Paul Wayman.
911 academy was one of the best firearms training schools that I ever went through. Being a 20 year military veteran and have gone through many shooting schools…911 academy changed the way I shoot and re-train myself from what they introduced me too..I was welcomed with opened arms and really feel like part of a family with them (911 academy). The owner Chad Talbot is a well seasoned warrior who brings his life experiences to the training and is also very humble throughout the training.
By far the best training I personally went though. Great job chad and team of 911 academy. Hope you guys enjoyed the pizza! Very much earned!
Chad and his seasoned staff are absolutely top-notch. With an emphasis on safety, they coached my shooting style and helped correct bad habits that I didn’t even know I had. Although mostly ex-military, the environment was light and fun. These men a true bad-asses and very experienced in what they do. I went from knowing how to fire my weapon to shooting extremely accurate with both hands in a few hours. If you want AFFORDABLE, informative, and fun (different positions, around obstacles/cover, etc.) instruction 911 Academy is the place to do it!
I’m looking forward to my next excursion with these gentlemen.
The experience I had at 911 Academy was life changing, for the simple fact that I have always had preconceived notions about guns and have always been afraid of them. A friend recommended I attend this training. I took my 14 year old daughter and my 11 year old son. As we arrived, I could just tell that I just had to let go and trust me and my family to Chad and his team. The organization, the structure, the humbleness, the teamwork/unity, the focus on respect/safety and the knowledge and experience of these highly trained individuals was mind-blowing. Bottom line, you will spend 70% learning and 30% engaging; not only in how to fire a weapon, but the notion of when and how and that’s after you analyze your surroundings and threats. All this in 4 hours. Ultimately, the learning me and my kids received was priceless. Thank you 911 Academy!