911 Academy Training Course Waiver
911 ACADEMY INC. WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND HOLDHARMLESS AND INDEMNITY
In consideration of being permitted to: (a) attend a course for instruction in firearms, self-defense combatives, close quarter combat techniques, and offensive/defensive combat tactics; (b) receive instructions on the use of firearms; (c) use the premises; and (d) for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I fully acknowledge, understand, and agree to knowingly waive, release, and hold harmless 911 Academy Inc., Chad Talbot (owner), and its instructors, independent contractors, agents, heirs, next of kin, successors, assigns, personal representatives, estates, and affiliates (collectively, “911 Academy”) from any and all claims, demands, liability, fees, and costs arising from or connected in any way to my participation in any 911 Academy instructional activities.
As part of this waiver, release, and hold harmless, I, , acknowledge,understand, and agree to the following:
(1) I recognize the risks and dangers that exist in my use of any firearms (real or simulated), selfdefense combatives, close quarter combat techniques, and offensive/defensive combat tactics and my participation in such and assume the risk(s), which could result in physical and/or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, property, or third-parties. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of these activities.
The risk(s) include, and are not limited to, the undersigned or third parties being physically injured and/or shot by a firearm (real or simulated); suffering hearing loss, eye injury or loss, inhalation or contact with airborne contaminants and/or flying debris, and being struck by objects. I also acknowledge that I can receive bruises and slight injuries as a result of participating in these activities. Furthermore, I understand that instructors provide safety instructions, but they do so consistent with the minimum standard of care required in the industry in this jurisdiction and that they are fallible. The instructors also may be unaware of the undersigned’s fitness or abilities; and have no duty to inquire as to such. I further acknowledge that the instructors may give inadequate warnings or instructions and that the equipment used may malfunction.
Additionally, I understand and fully aware that firearms, self-defense combatives, close quarter combat techniques, and offensive/defensive combat tactics instructions may include moving/ running with a firearm; loading and unloading firearms; shooting at targets while moving; and other physical and cardiovascular activities that involve the use and operation of a firearm. I am fully aware and understand this instruction will require physical contact with others, attack scenarios, and dynamic movement; all of which could result in physical injury to myself or a third party.
2 Participant’s Initials:
(2) I expressly agree and promise to accept all of the risks existing in this activity. Participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the 911 Academy, its instructors, independent contractors, agents, representatives, sponsors, directors, officers, volunteers, participants, employees and staff against loss or expense including attorney fees, by reason of the liability imposed by law upon 911 Academy.
It is further understood and agreed that this WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK shall (at the option of 911 Academy) defend 911 Academy with appropriate counsel and shall further bear all costs and expenses, including the expense of counsel in the defense of any litigation, mediation and or arbitration suit arising hereunder. It is further agreed that all disputes shall be submitted to binding and litigated or arbitrated within the State’s jurisdiction and venue of 911Academy’s registered office and settled in accordance with the rules of the Court or arbitration (such as with the American Arbitration Association).
(3) I hereby voluntarily release, 911 Academy, their instructors, independent contractors, agents, representatives, sponsors, directors, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and staff, forever (discharge) and agree to indemnify and hold harmless from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of any equipment or facilities including any and all, but not limited to, indoor/outdoorshooting ranges and the participant’s residence, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of 911 Academy, its instructors, independent contractors, agents, representatives, sponsors, directors, officers, volunteers, participants, employees and staff.
(4) I agree to be personally responsible for my own safety. I agree to follow all instructions given by instructors immediately. If I should have any reservations about any of the instructors’ instructions, I shall, while maintaining safety for myself and others, immediately notify an instructor or staff member of such. I may choose NOT to participate in any activity in this course of instruction that I deem unsafe. I also acknowledge that the instructors may, at any time, makea judgment call, such as but not limited to safety, disorderly conduct, or acting in an un-sportsmanship like manner and should I fail to correct my actions after being warned, the instructors may use their own discretion and determine whether or not I may continue with the course or be terminated. Upon termination I understand that I will have to leave the course/ facility immediately and will not be entitled to any refund of costs incurred and all materials presented to me on that day or any related materials/equipment from the course 3 will be returned as property of 911 Academy.
(5) I agree when arriving or departing the classroom or range property, I must keep firearm(s) (real or simulated) UNLOADED AND CASED with actions open or unloaded and secured in an approved holster within a gun bag; this includes concealed weapons while on the shooting range or on any real property where the class instruction is being held. Furthermore, I acknowledge that during the classroom portion of this instruction, NO LIVE AMMUNITION is permitted within the classroom. ALL live ammunition must be kept OUTSIDE the classroom until the practical portion of this firearms instruction.
(6) I agree to having my photograph taken while participating at 911 Academy classes/events. These pictures may be displayed in any and all 911 Academy publications, including but not limited to newsletters, the 911 Academy website (www.911 Academyglobal.com), brochures, advertisements, and displayed within any 911 Academy media source (including social media and video). I hereby give consent for unlimited media use without compensation, monetary or otherwise, by 911 Academy. ***Current Law Enforcement Officers or government personnel can request reasonable anonymity (no facial depictions).
(7) I understand that engaging in firearms (real or simulated) and/or the other instructional activities described above constitutes my involvement in a very hazardous and dangerous activity with the accompanying risks of personal injury or death and loss or damage to personal property, and I hereby voluntarily assume those risks.
(8) Should an instructor or any person present at this training event provide transportation in connection with this training, I acknowledge that such transportation is provided solely as a convenience to me and that it is not part of the training and that the 911 Academy instructors, independent contractors, agents, representatives, sponsors, directors, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and staff have no responsibility or liability in connection with thetransportation.
(9) I specifically release the shooting range owner/operator, the event sponsor(s)/class instructor(s), all individuals participating in the administration of the event/class 4 instruction, and the officers and directors of the shooting range or class premises from any and all claims or liability related to these events/class instruction. I agree to indemnify the above mentioned entities and individuals for any and all expenses and liability they incur as a result of any of myconduct related to the 911 Academy shooting events/class instructions.
(10) I certify that I am not a fugitive from justice, or under indictment. Also, I have not been convicted or arrested for a felony offense. I am not currently on formal, informal, or summary probation/parole for any reason. I am not currently under the influence of an over-the-counter or prescription drug that would impair my judgment or physical ability to safely operate a firearm (real or simulated). Additionally, I am not currently under adjudication or under any Court’s jurisdiction for mental incompetence. Finally, I certify that any and all training I receive through 911 Academy will not be used for any criminal or terrorist activity.
(11) Severability: The undersigned further expressly agrees that the foregoing waiver and assumption of risks agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of California and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
(12) Acknowledgment of Understanding: I have read this waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, fully understand its terms, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue. I acknowledge that I am signing the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
Date: Participant/MemberPrint Name: Date: Adult/Parent/Guardian Print Name:
Required Signature of: Participant/Member/Adult/Parent/Guardian
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
Signed by Chad Talbot
Signed On: September 2, 2020
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: 911 Academy Training Course Waiver
Agree & Sign